Sunday, March 10, 2013

Beginner



How do you begin doing something you've been so familiar your whole life?
Ever since I learned that I can finally write words out of the alphabets, I went on, and never stopped- until of course one day.

Growing up, from elementary to after college and working, writing was constant in my life. I've written in everything I can possibly imagine, from plain papers and scented diaries, notebook journals, rose petals, window sills, and car mirrors, even on my own skin.

Writing was my first love, but like every other first loves, it died.
The feeling subsided, and one day I woke up and realized I no longer write.

That realization lead me to a struggle to fight every time I can to get my first love back, I was given some hope, a few chances; I went on and on, and yet I failed. And one day, I finally gave up.

That is exactly the reason why I stopped writing, and it's been over two years since then. Funny how the time goes by…

Writing this post alone took me days to attempt to write about something. I had ideas in my head, but every time I start to write, they just fade away.

Of course, not until today; right this moment, I have a smile on my face. I knew, finally I will have my first post. I am excited, just like any another girl with a new lover. I have butterflies in my stomach right now, and I can't wait to start my life again with something so old, yet feels so new again.

I guess this is how I begin.
Loving my first love, just like the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment